... so strong and so mighty, there's nothing He can not do!
Today I was reminded of this. I try to live life to its fullest and make the most of every day, but I still find myself taking lots of little things for granted. Each day is a gift from above. We should be forever greatful.
Daddy,
All my life I have admired you, and I am so proud of you today. You always knew a little bit about everything. You started teaching us at a young age the right way to live. You helped us find who we really were. You challenged us and equipped us with the skills necessary to thrive as kids and as adults. You set a standard that was nearly impossible for anyone to come close to (just ask Eddie). The standard of how a father should love their children, teach them, encourage them. The expectation that no matter what is broken, you can make a tool and fix it! The concept that if you get a cut on your finger and it's still attached, grab a paper towel & some tape and keep going. A standard that nothing is impossible, some problems are just more difficult to solve than others. The toughness of nails, yet the sensitivity of a puppy.
I never once second guessed your love for me -- I know i'm the luckiest girl in the world to have you as my Daddy. You've always been there for me. We've shared lots of great times and made priceless memories that i'll cherish forever. (taking care of little animals and crying when we had to let them go, building and working on stuff, learning how to drive the three-wheeler or dirt bike by myself, the trivia as you drove me to dance class, science projects, flying airplanes, water skiing and grilling out at the river, working together out in the yard, math homework that you always got right - just didn't teach me the way the teacher did, holiday celebrations, daddy/daughter dance, misc projects around our house in Florida, being here for the births of Ali & Avery, and the list goes on...) I'm so glad that you get to be such a special part of our girls lives now. Just step back and enjoy watching them grow up through the filter of all that you have instilled in me.
Thank you for always being here for me, I love you so much and I will always be your little girl, no matter how old i get. I feel like I don't say it enough, but Thank You for all you have done and continue to do for me - You and Mama have sacrificed selflessly to ensure that we have the very best. All that I am and ever will be I owe to the two of you!
We know that you are a strong person. We want more than anything for you and Mama to trust in God and have a sense of peace while you get your heart fixed. We know that you are used to being able to fix anything you want to on your own. But now, you have to put your faith in God that He will give you and the Dr's the strength and knowledge to make you feel great again. Today you took a big step in the right direction, yet we still have some paths to pave. We want God to continue to work on your heart in more ways than one... We all love you and are praying for you!
Phillippians 4:6-9

No comments:
Post a Comment