Avery's B-day Counter

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Ali's B-day counter

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Ouch...

This past Sunday AM before church, we were all out for a little morning activity... I was getting in a good routine of pushing Avery in the jogging stroller while Ali rode her bike around the circle a few times.  All was going well, until... I decided to take one final cool down lap and rolled my ankle on the edge of the paved road!  OUCH!  

The x-ray shows a "Fracture through the distal Fibular tip". 
I have an appt with the orthopedic Tues at 1:30.
Sunday...                                      Monday...      .
Tuesday...
I went to the orthopedic and was issued a boot for the next 6 weeks.  I'm in an adjustment phase to adapt to my limited functionality and to allow some assistance.  

The Doc said that the break was low enough on the fibula that it wouldn't interfere with the functioning of the ankle joint and therefore would not require surgery.  The fibula is the stabilizer, non weight-bearing bone, so that's good and means I don't require crutches.  
Glad I am allowed to walk with the boot, but my ankle is very sore -- beats the heck out of requiring crutches for the next 6 wks!!! I was still trying to figure out how it was going to work with crutches to hold Avery's hand as we walk into school, or anywhere... God resolved that challenge! 

Thanks for the prayers!  

Eddie's doing a great job stepping up to the challenge of taking care of ALL his girls -- so blessed to have such a wonderful hubby!


No comments: